Clickable polyline how please?

Feb 11, 2014 at 2:16 AM
First thank you very much for creating this tool. Very helpful. I am testing this tool and I can search for particular line on the map. However, I am not able to click a line just like I could on the original map from your article when it is polygon. Any advice for me on how this can be done? I would like to be able to click on a line and it will tell me the attributes of the line.

Thanks again.

Ryan
Feb 12, 2014 at 8:42 PM
Could you give me some advice please? Thanks.
Coordinator
Feb 13, 2014 at 10:23 PM
My apologies for not responding earlier. This project is no longer being supported; there are far better options available now than there were back when this was written.

That said, if you want to adjust this to select a line instead of a shape, you'll need to process clicks on the server, building a ST_Geometry query for lines within a buffer (similar to how it now tests for geometries). Basically, this would not be a simple task and would require a fair knowledge of geometry queries in SQL Server in addition to understanding the .aspx lifecycle.

Good luck,
Steve G.
Feb 13, 2014 at 10:45 PM
Hello Steve, thank you very much for getting back to me. Could you provide me some information on other better options? I tried to search but mapviewer seems the only option that I could find.

Much appreciated.
Feb 16, 2014 at 8:29 PM
Hello Steve, sorry to keep asking. But please give some advice on better options please. It's very important for me to make this work.

Thanks